Friday, August 11, 2006

the art of the blowoff

I should probably wait until the morning to write about this but I have something to say and I wont have time to say it tomorrow so its coming out now.
I need the voices of guys because frankly, as a girl, Im never sure what to do in this situation.

I went out tonight with a two lovely friends, a guy and a girl who are married to one another. Another guy, Stephen, approached and started chatting with my girlfriend and me. In all civility, I returned the banter.
I later got accused by my lovely male friend of encouraging Stephen to bad behavior.

This is where my dilemma begins.

Is it better to straight out tell a guy to fuck off, or to cordially inform him that ha-ha, no thanks, I wont be needing your kindly services tonight?
In all seriousness, this is a tricky matter.

I usually go for the polite brush off rather than the upfront confrontational approach.
I actually think the confrontational approach can be a turn on to many guys, and as thats what Im trying to avoid, I forego it.
But then I hear from a friend- a male friend, no less- that such a move is actually counterproductive; is actually misleading.

Apparently banging my head into the nearest countertop and saying, I WANT TO GO TO HAWAII! five-hundred times in crankyanker fashion doesn't communicate the right message, either.

Please help.
Thanks.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
“Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Blog Archive

Followers

Search This Blog