Monday, July 24, 2006

moday update

It's another rainy day in the city and I'm dreaming of getting away to California to see family for a week.
I leave on Friday.
I love rainy days in the city; it's not that.
I'm just looking forward to escaping the nyc skyline and slowing down for a couple days.
I watched the film Broken Trail with Robert Duvall (who I love) last night and there was a scene where he kicked back by the fire, looked up, and saw an abundant sky full of stars.

It dawned on me that I couldn't remember the last time I saw that.
Or the last time I heard the ocean.
I'm looking forward to that.

In the meantime, I have the Foo Fighters song that I put on my page running through my head.
I love it.
Ray and I sang it all the way down to North Carolina when we drove a couple weeks ago.
It's fun in that perfectly angst-ridden way, and if for any reason you're having a bad day, at work for instance, I highly recommend singing it at the top of your lungs. it's quite liberating.

As for Friday's Burlesque show, here is some shoddy footage as promised. I didn't get the best girl, who did an airline stewardess bit, but you at least get to see the hostess, who was adorable.
A bouncing, pocket-sized version of her belongs on a car dashboard somewhere.

..>

(still uploading the second clip.... please hold.)
**apparently the people at youtube don't want me putting this footage up (it's not even scandalous) and honestly, i don't really have time to fuss with it at the moment. maybe later....

No comments:

About Me

My photo
“Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Blog Archive

Followers

Search This Blog