Saturday, August 26, 2006

what matters most

It's Saturday evening.
The smell of sweet garlic wafts through my living room as my roommate Crystal sings a Neil Young song over the simmer of mushrooms frying on the stove in preparation for the vegetable lasagna that my friend Chris is cooking for dinner.
I woke up this morning and went to work on music with a new friend in a dim rehearsal space.
Then I had lunch with one of my oldest and dearest friends (along with Chris and Crystal) in a beautiful private garden in the East Village.
After, I found myself with a group of friends drinking a full bodied red wine between sumptuous bites of chocolate cake in a decadent, lackadaisical afternoon ritual I haven't revisited in ages.

People, friends, and relationships- at the end of the day, they're all I really care about.
It's the people in my life that matter most to me, and I consider myself among the most fortunate souls on the planet to be in the company of so many incredible individuals.

I wish you all a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
“Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Blog Archive

Followers

Search This Blog