Thursday, November 12, 2009

En Sockerbagare













photo by ChrisH.

I recently did a small ethnomusicology piece about a song my mother used to sing to me. I like to think of it as the seed of a larger ethnomusicology project on traditional Swedish music, particularly children's songs. I have another work in progress at the moment so I will have to return to this down the road but in the meantime, here's that seed.


En Sockerbagare -

PS- On a technical note, I'd like to add that this was recorded with the Recorder app on my iPhone. I happen to think there's something really lovely about working with lo-fi gear and encourage anyone interested in creating something themselves to use whatever is at their disposal.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
“Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Blog Archive

Followers

Search This Blog