Friday, May 30, 2008

Cassette From My Ex

A great website, http://www.cassettefrommyex.com/, prompted me to write a blurb about music and relationships, a mix that always results in delicious concoctions.

Every love I’ve ever had came with his own soundtrack; the ones that didn’t dissolved in my memory long ago. I used to keep a shoebox of mix tapes, a reminder of what had made the boys I’d loved so special after the smell of their cigarettes or the taste of their whiskey had gone. While I no longer have the tapes, the impressions they made and the songs and artists they contained carry on to this day. Here is a compilation of songs from, or representative of, each person, as best and far back as I can remember.

Green Day, “Basket Case”
Smashing Pumpkins, “Hummer”
Beck, “Loser”
David Grey, “Sail Away”
Bobby Womack, “Across 110th St”
Jamiroquai, “Cosmic Girl”
Warren G, “Regulate”
Daft Punk, “One More Time”
Delerium w/ Sarah McLaughlin, “Silence”
Live, “All Over You”; Patti Scialfa, “Spanish Dancer”; Bruce Springsteen, “41 Shots”; Peter Gabriel, “Signal to Noise” (Ex-fiances get extra selections)
Jesus & Mary Chain, “Just Like Honey”
The Pogues, “Fairytale of New York”; Jeremy Enigk “Return of the Frog Queen”; Nick Drake, “Black Eyed Dog”
Leonard Cohen, “Famous Blue Raincoat”
Dean Martin, “Sway”
Bob Dylan, “I'm Not There”
Anything Rush, Debussy, or Gamelan music genre-ed

No comments:

About Me

My photo
“Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Blog Archive

Followers

Search This Blog