Monday, September 10, 2007

it's been a while....

since i blogged on my myspace site, but that doesn't mean i've been entirely dormant- only that i've been hanging out on facebook instead, so here are my latest blogs, news, photos, etc. in reverse chronological order.

My Photos – Gathering of the Vibes- Part 1

7:34pm Sunday, Aug 12
I spent this weekend filming the hippy, love n' peace music fest Gathering of the Vibes in, ironically enough, the murder capital of Connecticut. The highlight of it all? Interviewing Les Claypool and then watching him play from the stage. George Clinton was pretty funkalicious, too.
A description from the paper:

Gathering of the Vibes, a music, arts and camping tribute festival to Grateful Dead lead man Jerry Garcia, will take place Aug. 9-12 at Seaside Park in Bridgeport.

The festival will feature four stages of live musical entertainment, including Ratdog with former Grateful Dead guitarist Bob Weir, five-time Grammy-winning blues and rock guitarist Buddy Guy, Latin rockers Los Lobos, the New Orleans-based Dirty Dozen Brass Band, bass virtuoso Les Claypool, the Wailers, Southern rocker Dickey Betts, instrumentalist Keller Williams and the Keels, Martin Sexton, Grateful Dead percussionist Mickey Hart, funk performers George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic.


The Other Kind of Afternoon Delight
As I wrote earlier, I took Heather's genius suggestion and bought an ice cream maker last week to satisfy my craving for something tastier than the bland concoctions emerging from Cold Stone Creamery, but only tonight have I actually had the time to put my new Cuisinart ICE-20 to work. I opted for frozen yogurt over ice cream given my weekend of beer and pizza at the Vibes fest, and I must say, this is frozen yogurt that kicks every other frozen yogurt's ass- plain vanilla with a tangy yogurt kick not found in any soft serve I've ever tried. Mix up this super easy recipe and taste for yourself. This recipe is one modified from David Lebovitz's cookbook, The Perfect Scoop.

Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
3 cups of Greek-style plain yogurt (2% fat minimum)
3/4 cup Sugar in the Raw
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Mix together the yogurt, sugar, and vanilla. Leave in the fridge for 1 hour and stir again to incorporate the dissolved sugar.
Freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.

It's as simple, and delicious, as that.

Duly Noted
j just expressed disatisfaction over my lack of recent note-scribing, so I have decided to jot one on my phone as I sit in a production trailer in Connecticut watching a bunch of bands play their hearts out. I'll explain the bands thing later. In the meanwhile, it's cold and rainy here, which it should not be as it's august. Still, it is. Go figure.
so, what to write about? I saw the film 'no end in sight' last night. It's crucial and intelligent viewing in my humble opinion, and it features interviews with one of my favorite jounalists, George packer. I also got to catch up/ play beer pong (a game i only learned of at ray's 4th of July party a year ago) with a few good men/ old friends (old as in known for a year or so) and haven't seen in... uh, too long.
People are getting high as kites at this hippy fest. I feel like i'm at woodstock 07 or something....
more news later.


No comments:

About Me

My photo
“Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Blog Archive

Followers

Search This Blog