Monday, December 25, 2006

Tahiti- arrival

HI FROM TAHITI!!!
it is freakin' gorgeous here. i arrived two days ago, and i am late posting (not connected to the interweb much here) but this is an entry from the plane that i wrote on the way over. i am still working on trying to post material while here but bandwidth is minimal so if i don't manage, i will start posting day by day installments when i get back because i am filming, taking pictures, and making audio recordings of virtually everything, to result in a little multimedia project.
so consider yourself as good as here.
and MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!!!
x.
alexis

December 22, 2006
It's 12:15am Saturday, Tahiti time, 5:15am Saturday, New York time. I am an hour away from touching down in Papeete, sitting here listening to The Mars Volta's Vicarious Atonement and traveling at 488 miles an hour.

The flight has been a good one. I brought two Ambiens with me, in case I had trouble sleeping on the plane, but they were entirely unnecessary. I sat down and within the first hour, was asleep, only to wake up moments ago. This flight is 12 ½ hours, so I'm feeling accomplished.

I had a busy morning on my way to the airport today. I wanted to pick a few things up before taking off, but only managed to get my top priority accomplished- a trip to the bookstore to pick up holiday reading: V.S. Naipaul's Among the Believers, Adrienne Nicole LaBlanc's Random Family, and Candace Bushnell's Sex and the City (despite being a huge fan of the show, I've never read the book). At the airport, I was thankful to find a voice recorder, because I intend to do some interviews, capture some verite sound, and make little movies/collages/crazy, whacky audio docs.

Okay, going to land soon.
Tired.
Almost home.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
“Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Blog Archive

Followers

Search This Blog