Wednesday, September 06, 2006

yum

Anyone that knows me knows I like zee food.
I could even be called a glutton at times.
Actually, most of the time.



A friend invited me to The Fatty Crab in the Meatpacking District last night.
My inner epicure was not disappointed.
There is really no way of putting the full experience into words, but I'm still going to try.

The cuisine is Malaysian.
The atmosphere is warm.
The space is intimate.
The servers are friendly.
The flavor is explosive.

This is not a restaurant you emerge from unscathed.
Your fingers are stained by red chili sauces and yellow peanut curries, despite multiple attempts to lick them clean.
Your taste buds are bathed in exoticism and sensuality, dancing coquettishly between salty, sweet, and spicy flavors.

Inspired by my extraordinary meal, I am posting a delicious podcast from the folks at Eat Feed.

I am the kind of dork who actually enjoys reading about the history of agriculture, cuisine, and culinary techniques.
It's nice to know that now I can listen, too.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
“Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Blog Archive

Followers

Search This Blog