Monday, July 24, 2006

recap

recap

It's official. Alcohol is a vengeful bitch who hates me.
I really can't drink.
Seriously. I think I have an allergy or something.
I have a few and I wind up suffering a severe hangover without having ever had the benefit of being tipsy first. It isn't fair.
It's probably a blessing in disguise but right now it feels like a curse.
So this is going to be brief because I am still warding off a headache-
eighteen freakin' hours and much medication later.

I went and saw the original Sabrina last night at the Film Forum.
This is one of those absolute gems of a film.
Few, if any, can match director/writer Billy Wilder's talent and execution.
Some Like It Hot, The Apartment, Seven Year Itch, Sunset Boulevard...
The man is a genius!

So I went to see this one night engagement of Sabrina (in 35mm. Delicious!), and it was extraordinary.
I can't remember the last time I enjoyed watching a film so much, and I was clearly not the only one. The entire audience was jubilantly participating in the experience.
It was truly amazing.

Later that night, my friend Crystal and I were walking and met two strangers on a street corner. No, this doesn't end with us selling our bodies for drugs, but one of the guys we met was fabulously gay and he and I fell instantly in love. We accompanied my new best friend to a leather party, where clothing was frowned upon and Crystal and I were the only two girls in attendance. We ruled the night!
And then it was time to go home.

That's the thing about New York- you never know what's going to happen.
One minute, you're quietly walking home in your crappy running clothes, bound for a good read before bed.
The next minute you are in a dark, smoky bar dancing with a hoard of naked gay men who think you're fabulous.

Who could ask for anything more?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
“Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Blog Archive

Followers

Search This Blog