Monday, November 01, 2010

New Song : Forgive

It's been a long while since I wrote or recorded anything but I was talking about childhood with a friend yesterday and it led me to pull out my dusty keyboard and lay down this thumbnail sketch of a track on Garageband (sans mic, hence bad tinny recording).


Forgive yourself for not being everything you thought you had to be,
Forgive yourself for falling short,
You couldn't save him no matter how much you gave or thought he needed you,
You can't blame yourself anymore.

Forgive yourself for not being everything you thought you had to be,
Forgive yourself for falling short,
You can't make him or any other person your responsibility,
You're a big girl now, not the child from before.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
“Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Blog Archive

Followers

Search This Blog