Friday, July 18, 2008

Checking In

It's been nearly a month since I wrote anything on here. In that time, I have done quite a few things: I accepted a full time job producing at an ad agency, I started renovating my apartment, I shed winter for summer, I saw Bon Jovi in Central Park, I went out and bought a filing cabinet, an HD camcorder, a food processor and a yogurt maker, I started cooking again and started thinking a bit more about the future.
In other words, I got old.

I like being old, at least for the time being. I still interact with the hustle and bustle around me but I've become quieter and more domestic generally speaking. Maybe it's just a phase but while I'm going through it, forgive me for being a neglectful writer/documentarian/etc. Maybe this calm will afford me the patience to create something more significant than a blog post- a book, perhaps? Or a film? We'll see.

In the meantime, I have changed my video streaming allegiance from YouTube to Vimeo for its far superior quality. You can find the link to my new page under my profile. Here is my first posted video. It's a totally unfair tease because it actually says and does next to nothing; I just really wanted to see what HD would look like online. I'm still messing with the compression and export options, but despite not having nailed the settings, I still think it's pretty impressive. The camera itself (Canon's HV-30) is phenomenal. I absolutely love and highly recommend it.


Hello From NYC (Diary Series)- July 17, 2008 from Alexis Stember on Vimeo.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
“Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Blog Archive

Followers

Search This Blog