Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Love, Pills and Vegans

The pill is a bitch. I should know; I’ve been on and off it more times now than I can count.
People at work are asking what’s wrong.
Hormones, I say.

These confessionals should be reserved for GroupHug.com, right?
Oh well.
Too late.

My friend and former roommate Stephen, who now lives in LA, just got engaged. He and his girlfriend have been dating for four months. That might sound like too short a period of time for some, but for him, I can’t imagine anything more perfect or beautiful.

I’m not so sure about this Tofutti Herb and Chive Cream Cheese, though. Zen Soy’s Soy Pudding, on the other hand, rocks.

I just joined a Dodgeball League for the summer. And accounting excites me.
How geek am I?

I have an amazing boyfriend. He puts up with my geekiness.
And all my other shit. True to my name (Alexis. Think cars), I come fully equipped.

Kids know a lot about love.
Here are a few of the things they’ve said on the topic:
“Love is when mommy gives daddy the best piece of chicken.”
“Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it everyday.”
“Love is hugging. Love is kissing. Love is saying no sometimes.”
“When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love.”

Wednesday.
Over.
And out.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
“Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Blog Archive

Followers

Search This Blog