Tuesday, August 15, 2006

this week

Umm- ok, what to write, what to write....


I'll talk about this week.

Tonight I'm jamming with Raul, from the band Barra Libre.
We met this past Saturday and decided to get together to see if we've got a sound together. He's in the process of launching a side project/band and is looking for his lead vocalist, which he wants to be a girl. The idea is to make a very sexy disco rock electronica band and mix it with some global sounds and languages (Swedish ballad, anyone?).
We'll be chopping up some Blondie and Pretenders tunes tonight.
Very fun.

Tomorrow is the screening of Union.
That's a movie I was in, for those of you who don't know already.

Thursday is... what's Thursday, again?
I'm blanking.
OH! Thursday is the Gnarls Barkley concert in Central Park.
I am geeked for this show.
It should be a kick ass time, especially as I am going with two of my favorite people- Anne and her boyfriend Jon.

Friday I am meeting with Fletcher, a producer with a small independent label who wants to work on some music in the vein of Portishead and Hooverphonic.
Good old downtempo stuff.
I love that shit.

And finally there is Saturday, the day of my third year anniversary here in New York.
Not sure what I'm going to do yet.
Maybe walk from the South Street Seaport to the Cloisters.

Then again, maybe not; thats a very long walk.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
“Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Blog Archive

Followers

Search This Blog