Monday, July 24, 2006

mumbai

I was very sad to read about what happened in Mumbai yesterday.
The futility of such violence is crushing.
I spent time in India some years ago. I was only in Mumbai for a few days but while I was there, an entire shanty town and the hundreds of people that called its cardboard boxes home got washed away overnight, just steps from where I was staying.
The memory of that is enough to know that the consequences of yesterday's tragedy is a painful burden to carry for a population whose life is already so heavy.
My heart goes out to them.

On a different note, my friends pulled out of tonight's Philharmonic plans.
I'm deflated.
I still plan to go, but I wish I could rent a dog or something so we could discuss the fourth movement of Beethoven's Symphony No. 5.
Dogs are great conversationalists.

That's all for today.
Word to your mother.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
“Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Blog Archive

Followers

Search This Blog